What are the benefits of waxing or sugaring?
- Smooth skin for longer
- No razor burns or bumps
- Thinner hair growth
- No itching or irritations
- Over time certain areas stop growing
How long does hair need to be?
About a quarter of an inch, a size of a grain of rice. If last shaved you should wait two weeks before getting a wax no amount of hair is too much hair, don't trim.
Does waxing or sugaring hurts?
There will be some pain involved, but we implement techniques to make your experience way less painful than it need to be. The first time is worst, and it only gets better after that.
How can I get prepared for my wax?
- Exfoliate the day before having a wax to remove dead skin
- A warm bath before a wax open your pores
- Take a Tylenol 30 minutes prior to your wax
What kind of wax do you use?
We use all-natural, chemical and fragrance-free wax. We use hard wax for Brazilian, bikini, underarms, chin, sideburns, in the between the cheeks. Soft wax is used where hair is finer like in your legs, arms, back, chest, butt cheeks, upper lip, and brows. In sugaring hair removal, we use sugar paste all over.
Can I wax during my period?
Yes you can. You need a fresh tampon or menstrual cup while having the service done.
How often should I wax?
- Brazilian/bikini area: 4 weeks
- Legs and arms : 4 weeks
- Facial hair: 2-3 weeks
- Under arms: 2-3 weeks
- Note that everyone's hair growth is a little different - your waxing specialist can better inform you how long you should wait between visits.
How to treat or avoid ingrown hair?
- Exfoliate two to three times a week (please use an all natural product to do so)
- We offer our favorite products for purchase.
- And please no picking!
What if I am taking medications?
Taking antibiotics or topical acne medications such as (but not limited to) Retinols, Epiduo, Differin, Alpha hydroxy acids etc. can cause skin sensitivity and skin to lift when waxed. You must be off Accutane for 6 months before waxing.
Can I wax during pregnancy?
Yes you can and you must, since seeing down there might be a little difficult, we got you.